Experience 1 year
Licensure State License
Career Level Entry Level
Qualification Board Certified
We are looking for a skilled X-Ray Tech preferably a Radiology Technician for a temporary position with a chiropractic clinic in Baltimore, MD. The X-Ray/Radiology Technician’s responsibilities include explaining procedures to patients, positioning patients and equipment, performing examinations, developing film, maintaining and operating specialized radiologic equipment. The X-Ray/Radiology Technician is also responsible for ensuring patients’ safety by covering any areas not being imaged to prevent unnecessary radiation exposure.
To be successful as a radiology technician, you should have strong technical skills, as well as good interpersonal skills when working with patients. You should be considerate and compassionate and have the physical stamina to lift heavy equipment and physically disabled patients.
Radiology Technician Responsibilities:
- Completing the patients’ intake process, taking patients’ histories, and preparing and educating patients about the imaging procedure.
- Reviewing patients’ charts and Doctors’ notes before the examination, and maintaining patients’ records during and after procedures.
- Preparing radiopharmaceuticals for contrast in the diagnostic images.
- Positioning patients and equipment to capture the correct area and produce clear images.
- Monitoring patients and ensuring their safety during imaging procedures.
- Calibrating the equipment to ensure clear, usable images are taken of the correct area, as specified by the Doctor.
- Logging and organizing image results, developing film, assisting with the interpretation of the radiograph results, and consulting with Radiologists to determine if other images need to be taken.
- Ensuring the proper sterilization and storage of the equipment, maintaining radiographic equipment, and reporting any equipment failures.
- Coordinating with the radiology department to schedule and complete radiographic procedures.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of current radiology practices.
Radiology Technician Requirements:
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in radiography or radiologic technology.
- A Maryland state license and certification.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and patient service skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to operate and understand radiographic technology and equipment.
- The physical stamina to stand for long periods and operate heavy machinery without assistance.
- The flexibility to work shifts.
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer, etc.)
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
$22 – $39 per hour based on experience and qualification
Monday-Thursday 9:30am –6:00pm OR 10:00am-6:30pm
Job Type: Temporary
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $22.00 – $39.00 per hour