Experience 1 year
Licensure State License
Career Level New Graduate
Qualification Board Certified
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Nursing Home
RHS Staffing is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for an assignment with a reputable nursing home and rehabilitation facility in Charles County Southern Maryland. This is a temporary contract assignment with a possible extension.
The shifts are 7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a daily (Monday through Sunday)
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible to the Unit Director and or Shift Supervisor, and is to be clinically competent; deliver care to residents/patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interact with residents/patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS: (must meet requirements for employment)
Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing program.
Valid registration as Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of Maryland; OR valid registration as a Registered Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in a compact state with eligibility to practice in the State of Maryland.
Experience: One-year previous experience, preferably in long-term care.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High level of reading, writing, and mathematics skills, with ability to calculate figures related to medication dosages
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited information or standards exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form
Position Title: Staff Nurse
- Ability to perform clinical skills (e.g. wound care, IV therapy, enteral feeding, oxygen delivery
- Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of Charles County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Inc.
- Follows up as appropriate with supervisor regarding reported complaints, problems, and concerns
- Promotes positive public relations with residents, patients, participants, family members, and visitors
- Assists other team members in the performance of their assignments
- Seeks out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked.
- Demonstrates flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary within the department/organization.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Perform delegated independent nursing functions using established policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards as evidenced by:
- Administer medication accurately, observing resident/patient response, as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and lack of negative outcomes
- Perform IV therapy procedures on those residents/patients receiving peripherally inserted intravenous fluids, verifying the type of solution being administered, and evaluating the infusion site and the extremity for possible infiltration
- Report resident/patient needs/problems and observations regarding resident/patient condition to the physician and/or the care plan
- Follow proper reporting procedures for resident/patient incidents and/or accidents so that follow-up and/or prevention can occur
- Identify problems and/or emergency situations quickly and initiate appropriate action as necessary
- Monitor performance of para-professional staff during shift and immediately address disciplinary problems and take appropriate action within the scope of authority
- Assess the resident/patient; collect and document current health status
- Document accurate, ongoing assessment of resident/patient status. Document resident/patient care which reflects nursing intervention, resident/patient response to care provided, resident/patient needs, problems, capabilities, limitations, and progress toward goals
- Communicate with a physician regarding resident/patient needs, the nursing assessment, and recommendations as needs
- 7 am-3 pm
- 3 pm-11 pm
- 111 pm-7 am
La Plata, MD