Experience No Experience
Licensure State License
Career Level New Graduate
Qualification Board Certified
Title: Internal Medicine Physician
We are seeking a passionate Internal Medicine Physician to join an established and reputable Healthcare organization in Greater Washington, DC Metropolitan area. The ideal Internal Medicine Physician must be a team player with excellent communication skills, great clinical skills, and a desire for growth. We are a group of clinics with locations in the Washington, DC metro area and Greater Baltimore. The Internal Medicine Physician’s duties include examining, diagnosing, assessing treatment plans, and the overall treatment of patients. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Internal Medicine Physician Job Responsibilities:
- Discuss medical history with the patient to acquire knowledge of healthcare practices.
- Examine and diagnose patients, create a treatment plan, and perform minor surgeries.
- Delegate tasks to nurses and staff.
- Conduct routine and sports physicals.
- Hire, manage, and supervise employees.
- Respond to patient questions and health concerns.
- Prescribe medications and suggest lifestyle changes.
- Review and retain orderly and well-kept patient records.
- Collect specimens, refer to the laboratory, and assess medical results.
- Administer topical, oral, intravenous, or intramuscular medications.
- Communicate pertinent medical records to appropriate specialists as needed.
- Report diseases, births, and deaths in accordance with government rules.
Job Type & Hours:
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range: $120K-$280K
- Malpractice insurance, life insurance, and short/long term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Allowances for continuing education and conference attendance
- Quarterly or annual productivity and quality bonuses
Physician Qualifications and Skills:
- Working knowledge of common diseases and disorders.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate difficult conversations professionally.
- Patience, exceptional bedside manner, and the ability to empathize with the patient.
- Ongoing professional development and conference participation.
Education & Experience Requirements
- A medical degree from an accredited program required
- Valid state of Maryland medical license
- Proof of successful completion of a 3-year residency training program
- Health board registration is mandatory
- Track record of adhering to healthcare ethical code of conduct
- Experience with a wide range of medical conditions
- Strong triage and multitasking skills